The Municipal Judge may designate certain types of offenses to be paid without a court appearance and the judge has set the fine and costs to be paid for each of those violations. You must plead guilty to your offense to pay out of court. The violations you may pay without a court appearance are listed in the Violations Bureau Schedule.
The Court cannot order some offenses to be paid out of court by law. Those offenses which CANNOT be paid out of court are:
- Any violation resulting in personal injury or property damage
- Any drug or drug paraphernalia violation
- Operating a motor vehicle with a counterfeited, altered, suspended, or revoked driver’s license
- Fleeing or attempting to elude an officer
- Any other violation excluded by law.